The medium-size, multifunctional FREITAG back-to the- roots messenger bag: rugged, comfortable and the perfect multitasker
- Comfortable, padded shoulder strap with express drawstring for secure fastening and rapid adjustment
- Zipping rapid-access compartment on the flap and smart concealed compartment with Velcro® fastening
- Adjustable volume thanks to extension straps, with additional loops on the base for secure transport of unusually long items
- Black lining with laptop compartment made of recycled PET
Each product is one of a kind and made from recycled truck tarps (polyester fabric with PVC coating). Not suitable for children under the age of 3.
- Style: F17 JOE
- Patina: Shiny
- Materials: Used truck tarps, used safety belts, bicycle inner tubes
- Dimensions: 400 × 170 × 250 mm(l × w × h)
- Weight: 540 g
Volume: 14 l
Back in 1993, graphic designers Markus Freitag and Daniel Freitag were on the lookout for a functional, water-repellant and robust bag that can hold their creative work well while cycling. Inspired by the multicoloured heavy traffic that rumbled through the Zurich transit intersection in front of their flat, they developed a messenger bag from used truck tarpaulins, discarded bicycle inner tubes and car seat belts. This was how the first FREITAG bag took shape in the living room of their shared apartment – each one recycled, each one unique.
With their innovation, the brothers inadvertently triggered a seismic event in the world of bag making. Its tremors have since made themselves felt in Zurich and the cities in Europe, eventually spreading throughout Asia, making FREITAG the unofficial outfitter of all urban, bike-riding enthusiasts.
Don't see what you're looking for? Click here or check out our physical store for one-offs.