The smart and safe FREITAG backpack for the bike-commuting individualist's daily tour de force: one-of-a-kind during the day – reflective at night.
- Variable volume with water-repellent fold-'n'-rolltop closure
- Five cleverly placed reflectors
- 3D-mesh padding on back and shoulder straps
- Various docking stations for bicycle helmet, U-lock and key ring
Each product is one of a kind and made from recycled truck tarps (polyester fabric with PVC coating). Not suitable for children under the age of 3.
- Style: F155 CLAPTON
- Materials: This unique article is made of approx. 75%* recycled materials:
- Dimensions: 300 × 130 × 420 mm (l × w × h)
- Weight: 835 g
- Volume: 18 - 22 l
Back in 1993, graphic designers Markus Freitag and Daniel Freitag were on the lookout for a functional, water-repellant and robust bag that can hold their creative work well while cycling. Inspired by the multicoloured heavy traffic that rumbled through the Zurich transit intersection in front of their flat, they developed a messenger bag from used truck tarpaulins, discarded bicycle inner tubes and car seat belts. This was how the first FREITAG bag took shape in the living room of their shared apartment – each one recycled, each one unique.
With their innovation, the brothers inadvertently triggered a seismic event in the world of bag making. Its tremors have since made themselves felt in Zurich and the cities in Europe, eventually spreading throughout Asia, making FREITAG the unofficial outfitter of all urban, bike-riding enthusiasts.
Don't see what you're looking for? Click here or check out our physical store for one-offs